Legal & Practical Support for Executors
The legal and practical matters during bereavement can be a source of stress or anxiety. We have arranged access to professional support services that we trust to answer your questions about the legal and practical matters following a death.
There is no cost to using these services.
What to do When Someone Dies Helpline
Your questions answered by experts using transparent language.
Call free to get questions answered about:
- Locating or querying a Will
- Your tasks as an Executor
- Doing Estate Administration without a solicitor
- Selling, insuring or clearing property
- Care for dependants and pets
Call now on 0800 840 1477or book a call back.
Free. No time limits. No obligation.
You can use the 'What to do When Someone Dies' helpline to access support for any legal or practical queries following bereavement.
Below are some common queries:
- After the funeral. What are my next steps?
- What is Probate, do I need it and how do I get it?
- How much does Probate cost and do I need a solicitor?
- I'm Administering an Estate myself, can you help?
- How do I locate a Will?
- I need to clear, insure, or sell a property - help
- What do I do with my loved ones pets?
- What do I do if someone dies without a Will?
The Probate App is an online tool which will guide you through every legal and practical step following a death.
From Registering a Death, to Distributing an Estate.
- Stay in control
- Links to HMRC and relevant organisations
- Available 24/7
- Created by solicitors and bereavement specialists
Free. No log in or email address required.
John Weir Funeral Directors are working in partnership with the award-winning Bereavement Team at Trust Inheritance.
The Bereavement Team are specialists who have been supporting bereaved families for over 30 years. Their mission is to remove barriers to legal information, and to champion legal transparency during bereavement.
- Award Winning
- Probate questions answered
- Specialist advisers