Code of Practice Principles
This Code is founded on the following ten mandatory principles. Any failure to operate in accordance with these principles will constitute a breach of this Code.
Funeral directors must:
- act in the best interests of each client, prospective client and customer;
- provide the best possible level of care to bereaved people, keeping in mind the specific needs of each client and family;
- respect and maintain the dignity of deceased people in their care at all times;
- act transparently, with honesty and integrity;
- provide clients will full and fair information about services, products and associated prices;
- behave in a way that promotes and maintains public trust in their business, the funeral directing profession and related industries;
- comply with all legal and regulatory obligations and deal with their regulators in an open, timely and cooperative manner;
- run their business effectively and in accordance with proper governance and sound risk management principles;
- run their business in a way that encourages equality of opportunity and respect for diversity;
- run their business in a way that encourages a culture that values and welcomes feedback as a way of putting things right and improving service.
130-132 High Street,
Kent ME8 8AR
127 Watling Street,
Kent ME7 2YY
25 New Road,
Kent ME4 4QJ
31 Parkwood Green,
Kent ME8 9PW
This Code of Practice and adherence hereto is monitored by the National Association of Funeral Directors.
Any correspondence should be addressed to:
National Association of Funeral Directors,
618 Warwick Road, Solihull,
West Midlands B91 1AA.
Telephone: 0845 230 1343
Fax: 0121 711 1351